We use Belton Woods, a gorgeous lakeside hotel set in 475 acres of tranquil Lincolnshire countryside, as an alternative launch site to Langar Hall when we have easterly winds. From Langar, these winds would take us straight to East Midland’s air-space, which is why we switch to launching from Belton Woods. On returning, we fly back into The Vale of Belvoir.
Rides can be booked specifically from Belton Woods by calling us on 01949 877566 or contacting us here.
Established in 1991,the outstanding 475 acre resort complex, consists of two Championship golf courses, Lakes par 72 and Woodside par 73, and is complemented by a nine-hole par 3 course. With its excellent 4-star, 96 room hotel facility and many woodland lodges, Belton Woods has matured into one of the premier golf resorts in Lincolnshire.
The Launch site is positioned in a sheltered field on the left hand side of the drive which sweeps up to the front of the hotel. You can usually see us setting up as you pass through the gates. Parking can be found in the main car park near reception. There is a short walk back along a path through the trees by the Pro shop to the launch site. The resort is set within 475 acres of the most incredible rolling countryside. The wild aspect of the area is undoubtedly beautiful, especially when contrasted with the incredibly well-manicured lawns of the golf course.
As you float up and up over the three golf courses and magnificent club house, almost everyone stops to look up and wave. It really is rather majestic. During the flight you can expect to see many wonderful places and things:
- The carved aspect of a nearby go-carting ring. Belton House and Gardens, with its Adventure Playground. www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belton_House
- Belton Garden Centre www.beltongardencentre.co.uk
- Grantham and to the south is the East Midlands Conference Centre
- Stoke Rochford Hall www.stokerochfordhall.co.uk
- Stamford and Rutland Water, www.rutlandwater.org.uk
- Harlaxton Hall www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlaxton_Manor
- Belvoir Castle www.belvoircastle.comand the stunning Vale of Belvoir www.valeofbelvoir.co.uk
- Newark and the Cathedral at Lincoln www.lincolncathedral.com
- Also all the power stations up “Megawatt Valley” to the Humber
Postcode: NG32 2LN
Suitable for: Cambridge, Lincoln, Rutland, Nottingham